Here are six tips to help you find the perfect home.
When looking for your new home, there’s a lot to consider. Obviously, not every home on the market will meet your needs. Every buyer deserves the right to purchase the home of their dreams, though, and to find that perfect home, here are six tips to help simplify your search:
1. Make a list of your needs and wants. First, write down the number of bedrooms, baths, and anything else you need (this list should include your maximum budget). Your wants should be anything you consider icing on the cake.
2. Pinpoint your location. As the saying goes: location, location, location. Consider variables like school districts, commuting time, and proximity to your favorite places. Also, remember to keep an open mind. There may be areas you’re unfamiliar with that can suit your lifestyle, and your Realtor can help you find them.
3. Ask questions. As you view each home, have a list of questions to ask your Realtor. Not everything about a home will be included in its listing description, so ask about the age of the roof, furnace, AC unit, and any other big-ticket items. As you view the homes, keep a list of concerns you have so that you can share them with your Realtor when you’re done with your home search.
4. Be open-minded. When I work with new buyers, they oftentimes have specific criteria for their future home that can, honestly, be unrealistic. So be open-minded and open to suggestions.
5. Visualize. In many cases, only a few small changes need to be made to make a home more your style.
6. Work with an experienced broker who you trust and has your best interests at heart. Searching online will only get you so far. A real estate professional has the resources, tools, and insider knowledge of the local market to help you find the home of your dream.
If you’re ready to start your home search or have any other real estate needs, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’m here to help.